Past Tense of Fall
The past simple tense is used to talk about completed actions that happened at a particular time in the past. It is the most commonly used past tense in English. The past tense of most English verbs is comparatively easy to form. Nevertheless, some irregular verbs have past tenses that must be learned by heart. The verb ‘Fall’ is an irregular verb.
The Verb to “Fall” Meaning
To fall: to come or go down suddenly and quickly from a high or standing place or position.
Fall past tense
Past tense of Fall is fell or felled ( in archaic)
Fall past participle
|Fell is the past participle of the verb Fall .|
Fall verb forms V1 V2 V3 V4
|Infinitive||Past Simple||Past Participle||Present Participle|
|Fall||Fell||fallen or (in archaic ) felled||Falling|
Conjugation of Fall
|Simple / Indefinite Present Tense|
|I fall on the ice.|
|He/She/It falls on the ice.|
|You/We/They fall on the ice.|
|Simple Past Tense|
|He/She/It fell or ( in archaic ) felled.|
|I fell or ( in archaic ) felled.|
|You/We/They fell or ( in archaic ) felled.|
|Simple Future Tense|
|He/She/It will/shall fall.|
|I will/shall fall.|
|You/We/They will/shall fall.|
|Present Continuous Tense|
|He/She/It is falling.|
|I am falling.|
|You/We/They are falling.|
|Past Continuous Tense|
|He/She/It was falling.|
|I was falling.|
|You/We/They were falling.|
|Future Continuous Tense|
|He/She/It will/shall be falling.|
|I will/shall be falling.|
|You/We/They will/shall be falling.|
|Present Perfect Tense|
|He/She/It has fallen or (in archaic) felled.|
|I have fallen or (in archaic) felled.|
|You/We/They have fallen or (in archaic) felled.|
|Past Perfect Tense|
|He/She/It had fallen or (in archaic ) felled.|
|I had fallen or (in archaic ) felled.|
|You/We/They had fallen or (in archaic ) felled.|
|Future Perfect Tense|
|He/She/It will/shall have fallen or (in archaic) felled.|
|I will/shall have fallen or (in archaic ) felled.|
|You/We/They will/shall have fallen or (in archaic) felled.|
|Present Perfect Continuous Tense|
|He/She/It has been falling.|
|I have been falling.|
|You/We/They have been falling.|
|Past Perfect Continuous Tense|
|He/She/It had been falling.|
|I had been falling.|
|You/We/They had been falling.|
|Future Perfect Continuous Tense|
|He/She/It will/shall have been falling.|
|I will/shall have been falling.|
|You/We/They will/shall have been falling.|
Fall Past Tense : Verb Examples Sentences
- A red apple fell from the backyard tree.
- Rain fell from the sky yesterday.
- The children love the sound of the falling rain.
- Phill slipped and fell on the ice.
- The temperature fell 2° last week.
- She fell flat on her face.
- Her blond hair falls beautifully over her shoulders.
- Her grandfather was such a good man that wisdom fell from his lips.
- Light rain began to fall on the grass.
- My mom was afraid that I would trip and fall.
- The kids’ voices fell to a whisper.
- He was lucky that an excellent job fell into his hands.
- The poor lady fell down the stairs.
- It is well-known that darkness falls early in the winter in this area.
- It was easy for the police to make him fall into the trap.
- Two of the sailors had fallen overboard.
- The yellow fallen tree obstructed the traffic on the main road.
- The cobalt blue vase fell off the bookshelf.
- He suddenly fell to his knees and asked for forgiveness.
- The little girl fell back onto the bed.
Best Short Inspirational Falling Quotes
You have to go through the falling down in order to learn to walk. It helps to know that you can survive it. That’s an education in itself.
You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.
The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.
A stumble may prevent a fall.
You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
Edwin Louis Cole
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
You might also like: Best Verb Examples Sentences :50 Examples of Verb in Sentences + FREE ESL Printable Poster
Leave a Reply